How To Choose your Pearlscale
When purchasing a Pearlscale you should make sure that the rounded pearl scales are very well pronounced and the fish appears alert and can swim well. The fins should be high with no drooping. The color should be bright and there should be no cloudy appearance to the eyes.
- When buying Pearlscale, you should always choose individuals that are active in the tank and has horizontally-balance swim style.
- The body should be short and rounded (not elongated). Depth of the body should be greater than 2/3 of body length.
- The length of the body should be 2¼ inches (5.5cm) at the minimum.
- It should have well developed dome-sharp pearl scale all over the body, the coloration should be bright extending into the fins.
- The caudal fin should be forked, held high above the horizontal without signs of drooping and well divided. Dorsal fin should be single and all other fins should be paired. The edge of fins should have a slightly rounded appearance.